Fix Treatment Pakages in India

is thalassemia sexually transmitted?

No, thalassemia is not a sexually transmitted disease. Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder caused by genetic mutations in the genes responsible for producing hemoglobin. It is passed down from parents to their children through the transmission of these mutated genes. Thalassemia is not transmitted through sexual contact or any form of intimate activity.

The condition is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means that both parents must carry and pass on the faulty genes for a child to be affected. If both parents are carriers of thalassemia, there is a 25% chance with each pregnancy that their child will inherit thalassemia, a 50% chance that the child will be a carrier like the parents and a 25% chance that the child will be unaffected.

It’s important to note that thalassemia is a genetic condition and not a result of any behavior or lifestyle choices. It cannot be transmitted through casual contact, sexual intercourse, or any other form of sexual activity.